Hi guys, I’m currently mangling with nokia stuffs. Just wanted to share these useful tools. One of it is this Nokia Firmware editor. I’ve used this to hack my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
With this tool you can extract, and repack ROFS2 and UDA files.
1. Download and extract tool.
2. Open tool.
3. Click “Open” button and select rofs2 or uda file
4. Click “Extract” button
5. Files will be extracted to:
a. for rofs2 file “rofs2” folder
b. for uda file “fat16” folder
6. Edit your files (don’t close NokiaEditor):
a. for rofs2 open “rofs2” folder and edit files
b. for uda open “fat16.img” in “fat16” folder and edit it with magiciso or winimage
7. After you edit these files click “Repack” button
8. Repacked files are in program folder:
a. REB-RM************.rofs2.*** for rofs2 file
b. REB-RM***********.uda.*** for uda file
9. Rename files (delete “REB-” at the beginning of file name) :
a. REB-RM************.rofs2.*** to RM************.rofs2.*** for rofs2 file
b. REB-RM***********.uda.*** to RM***********.uda.*** for uda file
10. Flash you phone with new files. (use JAF / Phoenix / Nokia Care Suite)
Tips for editing ROFS2 and UDA files:
If you want to add RP+ to your rofs2 file copy only “patcher.ldd” and “patcherShadow.ldd” to sys/bin folder. After flashing install RP+ LiteVersion.
If you want to edit files that are in rofs1 image – copy them to rofs2 folder and edit they will be overwriten after flashing.
Example: if you want to edit file swipolicy.ini (that file is in rofs1) copy swipolicy.ini to rofs2 folder (system/data) and edit – Repack and flash.
Remember that rofs2 file have maximum size (about 33mb) so if you don’t have space for your files,mods just delete other language files from rofs2 folder.
Tool tested with 5530, 5800 files!!! I think it will also work with N97 files and others, it will not work with E51 files!!!
ALL FILES THAT ARE ADDED/EDITED IN ROFS2 STAY AFTER HARD RESET
Quote from Szakalit:
NokiaEditor Beta 0.6
* Fixed some bugs ;p
* Removed “New tools” ;p
* Added support for N96 – i dont have N96 so somebody have to test it !!
– open NokiaEditor – select Phone model and then open rofs2 file (*.language.*)
* Support for N86 added in 0.5 but nobody tested it……………………..
Program tested on WIN XP SP3 !!!!
CORE files not supported !!!!!!
NokiaEditor Beta6.rar — old version
New version 0.7
– fixed some bugs
– fixed crc header calculation
– fixed last data block calculation
– added support for N96 UDA files
– added support for 5320 and N78 (rofs2 and uda)
– when editing N96,N78,5320 first you have to select Phone Model and then open file!!!!!!
Thanks. Please donate to Szakalit
[tag:5800 firmware flash nokiaeditor navifirm n97 rofs uda nokia cooked]
He has always been interested in computing. He is very passionate when it comes to technology oriented knowledge. He knows that the more that one knows, the more that one needs to learn. Experienced in content management and forms processing, he was a FileNet and Datacap Specialist. He is also a part time gamer and streams sometime.